To begin using our service, you need sign up for an account here
.Once you have submitted the sign-up form, you will be asked to check your email for the e-mail verification link. Click on the link that is emailed to you and your account will be fully verified and ready to use. Once that is all done, you can log into to your new Publisher's account here
The first time you log in, you will see the following screen, this is called your Publisher's Panel.
The publisher's panel is where you will do all of your Ad setup and configurations. Before you can use the plugin, you must log into your Publisher's Panel and Add your blog to your account. You can do that by clicking on the "+ ADD SITE" button.
Once you click on the +ADD SITE button, you will see the following modal screen, make sure you fill out all the fields regarding your blog. Be sure not to leave out the Keywords field, that is where you will define the set of keywords that will trigger advertising via the keyword-detect method. When a commenter types a keyword that you specified here, your desired ad unti will appear.
Setting Up your Ads
After setting up your first site, you will see the entry in your Publisher Panel table. From here you can configure the advertising via the available tools. For each entry there are two control modules you can access.
- This link will show a modal screen that allows you to edit the site details that you submitted when you first added this site. You can change your site name, URL, category and keywords at any time.
- This is where the fun part beings. By default, all of the ad serving methods are turned off. You will have a chance to activate the ones you would like to use from this section. There will be hints to guide you along the fields as you set things up.
On the left side you will see three links - Keyword Detect, In-stream and Form Overlay. You can read about each of these on our site. In order to begin using the methods you would like, they must be turned on.
Clicking on each will allow you to configure each type of Ad display method. From there you can select the ad network that you would like to activate for each, and then either insert your existing Ad Code via the copy/paste method or you can use the ad code generator where available. Both of these methods will insert the ads for you, you will not have to open up any theme files.
That's pretty much all you need to do to begin serving ads using our Comments technology. If you have any other questions, you can contact us here.
Our WordPress Plugin
If you are already use to dealing with WordPress plugins, then using our plug-in to serve ads should be easy and painless. If you are fairly new to self-hosted WordPress altogether, there's no need to pull your hair out. We have outlined the steps you need to take in order to begin serving ads in your comments section within minutes.
Steps in a nutshell:
- Download the plugin - The MonetizeComments (or "MC") plugin is available for download from the WordPress plugins directory. The plugin is a zip file that contains the files you would need to upload and install to your blog.
- Install the plugin - Once you have downloaded the plugin, log onto to your WordPress blog and click on Plugins > Add New
- One the subsequent page you will see an "Upload" link on the top. Click on that link to start select your zip file.
- Click on Choose File and select the zip file that you have just downloaded from us. Then click the "Install Now" button.
- If all goes well, you should see the following success message. Go ahead and click the "Activate Plugin" link.
- Once the plugin has been activated you will be brought to your plugins page showing all of the plugins that you have installed, scroll down and look for the MonetizeComments plugin and click on the "Settings" link.
- In order to begin using the plugin, you need to login through the plugin with your Publisher's username and password. This is the account that you have signed up for via our website, if you have forgotten your password, you can retrieve it here.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Settings link that appears or access the settings via the left side navigation menu on within the WP-Admin console.
- The Settings page for the MonetizeComments plugin allows you to set the exact width of the overall Comments section. While the ad-serving technology and form is fed from our servers, all other settings are configured using the Publishers Panel.